Montreal Road Animal Hospital Professional Corporation
Company: Montreal Road Animal Hospital Professional Corporation
Business information: Montreal Road Animal Hospital opened its doors on June 21, 2004. Our hospital is dedicated to small animal practice with furry pocket pets, exotics, and birds also being accepted. We can provide house calls for something as routine as exams, vaccinations, and consults for our sick patients or for something as significant as end of life care.
Business address: 1700 Montreal Road, Gloucester, ON, K1J 6N5
Work Location: Same as above and at our clients’ locations within the Ottawa region.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
· Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery
· Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under the direction of a veterinarian
· Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
· Conduct specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and hoof trimming
· Counsel clients on animal health care
· Conduct and assist in laboratory research
· Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples, and perform other laboratory tests
· Assist with veterinary office management
· Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
· Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
· Provide wound and bandage care
· Occasionally attend to home calls to assist the veterinarians during the appointments
- Education: Completion of a two or three-year animal health/veterinary technology college program is required
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Veterinary Technician or Assistant is required.
- An empathic person who is able to stay calm under stressful situations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Repetitive tasks, Work under pressure, Physically demanding.
Personal Suitability: Organized, Team player, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility.
Salary: $19.24 to $20.24 hourly, 40-45 hours per week.
Gratuities, dental benefits, group insurance and uniforms. Travel expenses will be covered by the employer if the worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule includes 8-hour shifts between 7:30 AM and 7:30 PM from Monday to Friday and from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM occasionally on Saturdays, depending on the patients’ needs. On-call work and overnights may be required. Overtime is required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 1700 Montreal Road, Gloucester, ON, K1J 6N5
Apply by fax: 613-842-9436