Youth Opportunities Unlimited is always looking for employers and business owners who can provide an opportunity for a young person to gain skills and experience at their business. Through the support of YOU, over 650 youth were employed last year! We have a variety of supports available for employers who hire on our participants through Employment Ontario and Service Canada funding such as:
- Wage subsidy programs to cover wage and training costs
- Support dollars available to the employee for job-related needs
- Increased screening, preparation and streamlining for hiring on employees
- Engagement with the Career Services team to support youth through placement
- Employment focused workshops and training opportunities
To find out more about the program and candidates available, contact Career Services at YOUjobs@you.ca / 519-432-1112 ext. 306.
"I've had the pleasure of working with Youth Opportunities Unlimited for over 7 years. In that time, I've worked with dozens of fantastic associates who have come out of different YOU programs and have thrived both in work and social setting, after being given a work placement. Some of our company's best workers are currently from various subsidy programs offered by YOU in years past. the YOU staff (Business Liaisons and Job Placement Specialists) are kind, and the communication is always prompt and professional. Based on my great continued success with this program, I'd highly suggest it to any employers seeking motivated youth looking for an opportunity." - Luca, General Manager of Pizza Projekt