D’Angelo & Sons Construction Limited o/a D’Angelo & Sons Exterior Home Remodelli
Company: D’Angelo & Sons Construction Limited o/a D’Angelo & Sons Exterior Home Remodelling.
Business Information: D’Angelo & Sons Construction Ltd. is a superior roofing and exterior finishing company serving Hamilton, Burlington and other communities in the Golden Horseshoe. We blend the personalized service of a small, family-owned business with the professionalism and high standards of a larger company. While we maintain strong relationships with local builders, our specialty is serving the individual homeowner. We are proud to offer quality, cost-effective solutions that make our customers happy.
Business Location: 1475 Sandhill Drive Unit 1, Ancaster, ON, L9G 4V5
Work Location: Same as above and various locations across Ontario, especially the Golden Horseshoe and the Great Toronto Area.
*We do not cover the Northeast region
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
● Determine layout and installation procedures
● Measure and mark guidelines to be used for installations
● Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment
● Utilize hand and power tools
● Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
● Erect and install scaffolding, falsework, and other working platforms
● Install, repair, and service interior or exterior prefabricated products
● Professionalism in customer service
● Attach house wrap or other material to building surface using staples, nails or adhesives.
● Attach wood or metal laths to surface using a screw gun, nail gun or hammer.
● Fit and fasten siding material to laths or framing studs using a measuring device (tape measure, transit or laser level), hammer or nail gun, or adhesives.
● Cut and trim material to size and shape to fit using shears (powered or hand-operated), saw (powered or hand-operated) or utility knife.
● Fill joints and crack with caulking compound using a caulk gun, putty knife.
● Achieve the goals and objectives stipulated in performance appraisals.
● Observe the company's safety practices and procedures at all times, without exception.
-Education: Some secondary school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 1 year of related installing experience is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods of time, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Tight deadlines, Bending, crouching, and kneeling. Good physical health, with good vision and spatial awareness is required. Good balance and safety awareness is required.
-Personal suitability: Punctuality, Reliability, Dependability, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Excellent oral and written communication, Team player, Flexibility, client focus
-Worksite environment: Fast-paced environment, Outdoors, Dusty, Cold/refrigerated, Hot, Dangerous, At heights
-Weight handling: More than 45kg (100 lbs.)
Salary: $22.50 to $24.50 hourly, 40 - 44 hours per week.
Benefits: Piece work and commission provided. Transportation to and from work is provided. Accommodation provided at a cost. Transportation costs covered if workers need to relocate.
Important Information: Work schedule: from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 am or 7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 4:30 pm. (It includes 60 minutes for unpaid lunchtime and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each which are paid). Shifts may vary according to the business needs, flexibility in schedule is required. Weekend work and overtime may be required. A minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed during the winter months.