1853149 Ontario Inc. O/A Boathouse Eatery
Business Information: Our casual fine dining restaurant is home to great food, cold drinks and a majestic view overlooking the stunning shores of Georgian Bay. At the Boathouse, we want to become your favorite four season's place, the place you come to celebrate your special occasions or great spot to grab a quick lunch or enjoy a nice dinner overlooking Georgian Bay.
Business location: 177 King Street, Midland, ON, L4R 3L8
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal – 180-day contract
Estimated Start Date: April 1st, 2023
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities
Develop, implement and analyze budgets
Participate in marketing plans and implementation
Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
Address customers' complaints or concerns
Provide customer service
Recruit, train and supervise staff
Cost products and services
Organize and maintain inventory
Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
Conduct performance reviews
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience, is required. In the event that the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate related to hospitality or food and beverage service management or a related discipline is required
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required, Large workload
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Accurate, Team player, Flexibility, Reliability, Organized, Dependability, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication
- Computer Programs: Point of sale system, Electronic cash register, Accounting software, MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Windows, MS Outlook, Spreadsheet, MS Access
- Ability to supervise: More than 20 people, Working groups, Committees, Contractors, Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Language: English is required
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 Hourly, 50-60 Hours per week
Benefits: Free food when working (and 50% discount when not working), Tip-out. Accommodation available at a discounted rate. Transportation covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility in schedule is required; including evening, night or weekend work based on the business’ needs. The candidate will work from 8 to 12 hours a day between 9am and 12am in a 5-6 day work-week. Overtime will be required.
Seasonal position, cooks are needed from early April, 2023 until September, 2023.
Work setting: Restaurant
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 177 King St. Box 61 Midland, ON, L4R 3L8