Steele Hall Farm Inc.
Company: Steele Hall Farm Inc.
Business information: Steele Hall Farm Inc. is a business dedicated to the commercial production of top-quality turkeys. The humane care of our animals is vital in order for our farm to supply the safest and healthiest products to our customers. We have been open for business for over 23 years.
Business Address: 195637 Road 119 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2M0
Work Location: Various locations (workers will go to these locations interchangeably):
195637 Road 119 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2M0
683088 Road 68 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2M0
683370 Road 68 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2M0
196959 Road 119 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2G0
275995 27th line, Lakeside, ON, N0M 2G0
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Important note: Treating animals with respect and dignity throughout their lives on the farm is mandatory.
• Monitoring turkeys’ health
• Feed and tend turkeys
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow, and temperature in barns
• Clean barns, barnyards, and pens
• Wash, clean, and disinfect facilities and equipment
• Follow animal care and bio-security guidelines as outlined by Turkey Farmers of Canada.
• Care of turkeys from the day they arrive at the farm to the day they leave
• Daily bird care
• Fill turkey feeders with turkey feed
• Maintain turkey water and feed systems
• Perform general farm duties
• Help to move, catch, and load turkeys
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Not required. Mentoring and ongoing technical training will be provided and encouraged.
-Technical knowledge of poultry production is an asset but not a requirement
-Driver’s license is an asset
-Must be able to work with Turkeys
-Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/farms
e.g., straw and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding. Turkey feathers, and turkey faeces/acidic odours.
-Must be able to withstand the extreme Canadian winter weather conditions since the job involves some outside work in all seasons.
- Personal suitability: Team player, Flexibility
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods, overtime.
Work site environment: confined spaces, wet/damp, noisy, odours, dusty, hot, outdoors.
Weight Handling: Up to 23kg
Salary: $16.00 per hour, 48.5 – 54.5 hours per week.
Benefits: Performance bonus, coveralls and protective equipment will be provided, travel expenses will be covered by the employer if worker needs to relocate, staff accommodation available at a discount rate (on the farm). Transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s)
Important Information: The chosen candidates will work 6 days a week. The work schedule will be from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm. On weekends there are two shifts, one from 8 am to 11 am and a second one from 4 pm to 7 pm. The schedule includes 30 minutes for unpaid lunchtime and 2 breaks of 15 minutes each which are paid. Flexibility on schedule is required as night shifts may occasionally be required. The employees will have 1 day off on a rotational basis, or as discussed according to the needs of the farm.
** If the worker works 7 days a week, then in the next week the worker will only work 5 days a week.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 195637 road 119 Thamesford, ON, N0M 2M0