Foodie & Beauty Inc. O/A House of Mandi
Company: Foodie & Beauty Inc. O/A House of Mandi
Business information: We are the only restaurant in Ottawa that offers real authentic Arabian Gulf food. We select the finest ingredients in the market to offer a real authentic taste. We offer dine-in, takeout, and delivery service to all our customers in the Ottawa area.
Business Address: 1183 Hunt Club Rd Unit 108, Ottawa, ON, K1V 8S4
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods in accordance with standards and in a timely manner
· Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas
· Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
· Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
· Clean kitchen and work areas
· Manage kitchen operations
· Work with specialized cooking equipment (Mandi barrel)
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
We specifically need cooks with Arabic style cuisine experience. Experience cooking with the Mandi barrel is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Work under pressure.
-Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Judgement, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Dependability, Organized, Ability to multitask.
-Language: English is required.
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 per hour, 35-44 hours per week.
Benefits: One free meal per shift, gifts on holidays and shared tip pool. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The employee will work 5 days a week, (usually from Wednesday to Sunday). There are two regular shifts during the week, the morning shift is from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and the afternoon shift is from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The weekend schedule is from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM. We are open 7 days per week, therefore days off will be on a rotational basis. Overtime might be required, including weekends and holidays. Schedule may be adjusted due to government’s policies on COVID-19.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 1183 Hunt Club Rd Unit 108, Ottawa, ON, K1V 8S4