Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Be the best YOU!
Being a part of Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) means you have a shared passion for supporting youth in reaching their full potential. YOU is a place where your unique background, perspectives, and talents are valued, and help innovate new program ideas to best support youth in our community.
You can make your impact here! Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where the work you do is truly valued. You will have the freedom to excel in your way by serving young people and knowing you are making a difference for our community.
Come be a part of a team that works alongside youth as they work on goals and be there to celebrate when they achieve those milestones. Help us continue creating a community where youth are embraced and will thrive.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Fundraising is responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising strategy for Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU). This position develops the fundraising strategy and sets priorities, goals and budgets; researches and identifies potential donors. The Director of Fundraising will be instrumental in establishing YOU’s fundraising strategy including role of legacy gifts, corporate sponsorship, gifts in kind to support programming and capital needs. This position will also provide leadership in shaping the sales strategy of YOU social enterprise products and overseeing its implementation. Qualified candidates possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and hold values that support our corporate vision of being “A community where youth are embraced and will thrive”.
- Develop fundraising strategies and oversee all aspects of fundraising programs.
- Develop yearly fundraising goals and monitor progress regularly to ensure these goals are met or exceeded.
- Organize, support and manage workplace campaigns and special events that support YOU’s fundraising and program development needs and capital funding efforts.
- Build and steward strategic partnerships and community collaborations pertinent to the success of YOU’s capital campaign/project and social enterprise external sales
- Oversee and contribute to YOU’s social media platforms to create ongoing awareness of YOU, community engagement in the agency’s mission and raise support and funds through community donations and participation in events / activities
- Develop marketing plans that create awareness about YOU including special events, program successes, and fundraising opportunities.
- Lead the planning of agency open houses, annual meetings, product launches, and other special events to raise profile of YOU and its programs / services
- Post-secondary education at a college or university level in Fundraising, Business Administration or related field, or the combined equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of four (4) years experience
- This position requires experience working efficiently with Microsoft Programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM database is considered an asset.