Lex Metal Fabricators Ltd.
Company: Lex Metal Fabricators Ltd.
Business information: Lex Metal is a full service custom metal fabricator. We specialize in the fabrication and installation of miscellaneous metals, structural steel, AESS and joist reinforcement. We design, fabricate and install structural and miscellaneous metal. We are contracted by General Contractors (for projects such as steel beams, columns, joists, stairs, handrails, railings), then design steel connections and provide blueprints, then we fabricate (cut, fit and weld) these items, ship to site and install them.
Business Address: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1
Work location: same as above and occasionally at various job sites in Mississauga, ON depending on the company’s projects.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
• Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
• Establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control
• Select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities
• Plan and manage budgets
• Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
• Develop and implement quality control programs
• Oversee the analysis of data and information
• Prepare reports
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations and construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
• Recruit, hire and supervise staff
• Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
• Operate CADD and other computer software systems
-Education: A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in a field related to construction technology is required.
-Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, is required.
-Structural steel experience is a strong asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
-Personal suitability: Team player, Organized, Values and ethics, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Excellent written communication, Judgement, Excellent oral communication
-Ability to Supervise: 1 to 2 people
-Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Office
Salary: $40.87 to $42.87 hourly, 40-44 hours per week.
Important information: Work schedule will be Monday to Friday from 8 am-4:30pm. Flexibility in schedule is required. Occasional weekend work might be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 974 Westport Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5T 1G1