D’Angelo & Sons Construction Limited o/a D’Angelo & Sons Exterior Home Remodelli
Company: D’Angelo & Sons Construction Limited o/a D’Angelo & Sons Exterior Home Remodelling.
Business Information: D’Angelo & Sons Construction Ltd. is a superior roofing and exterior finishing company serving Hamilton, Burlington and other communities in the Golden Horseshoe. We blend the personalized service of a small, family-owned business with the professionalism and high standards of a larger company. While we maintain strong relationships with local builders, our specialty is serving the individual homeowner. We are proud to offer quality, cost-effective solutions that will make our customers happy.
Business Location: 1475 Sandhill Drive Unit 1, Ancaster, ON, L9G 4V5
Work Location: Same as above and various locations in the Hamilton-Niagara Peninsula Region.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles, stone and similar materials to construct or repair walls, foundations, and other structures in residential, industrial, and commercial construction.
• Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
• Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
• Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
• Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
• Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
• Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
• Lay radial brick to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
• Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
• Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
• Work at heights, on scaffolding, or swing stages
• Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
• Achieve the goals and objectives stipulated in performance appraisals (in the job order)
• Observe the company's safety practices and procedures at all times, without exception
• Represent the company with professionalism when dealing with clients and the public.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If candidate does not have at least three years of experience, then completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program OR college and/or industry courses is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods of time, Physically demanding, Tight deadlines, Bending, crouching, and kneeling.
-Personal suitability: Punctuality, Reliability, Dependability, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral and written communication, Team player, Flexibility, client focus
-Worksite environment: Fast-paced environment, Outdoors, Dusty, Cold/refrigerated, Hot, Dangerous, At heights
-Weight handling: More than 45kg (100 lbs.)
Salary: $32.00 to $34.00 hourly, 40 - 44 hours per week.
Benefits: Piece work and commission provided. Transportation to and from work is provided. Accommodation provided at a cost.
Important Information: Work schedule: from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 am or 7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 4:30 pm. (It includes 60 minutes for unpaid lunchtime and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each which are paid). Shifts may vary according to the business needs, flexibility in schedule is required. Weekend work and overtime may be required. A minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed during the winter months.