North Star Air Ltd.
Company: North Star Air Ltd.
Business information: North Star Air is a Canadian charter, passenger, and cargo airline headquartered in Thunder Bay, Ontario with a secondary passenger hub in Sioux Lookout, Ontario, and cargo hubs located in Pickle Lake, Red Lake, Kapuskasing, and Thompson, Manitoba.
Business Address: 1480 Walsh Street West, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H6
Work Location: 15 Airport Rd, Pickle Lake, ON P0V 3A0
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for ramp attendants to help support the ground operations.
● Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as Heat Carts, Heaters, Lifting Devices, De-Ice Units, Ground Power Units, Fuel Systems, Tractors, Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, and Loaders within issued training and authorization
● Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
● Marshall or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
● Pick, sort, wrap and weigh loads assigned to Aircrafts
● Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
● Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior
● Loading and off-loading of aircrafts
● Ensure Pilons and Buffer Zones are established around aircrafts
● De-Icing, Washing, and Grooming of Aircrafts
● Off-loading and loading of trucks
● Sweep and clean hangars and ramps
● Perform regular FOD checks throughout properties
● Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned
● TMS use in receiving, shipping, and dispatching freight
● Complete the daily task list as assigned
● Freezer, cooler, and freight temperature checks
● Ensuring freight is properly stored and handled within its associated temperature control environment
● Monitor and ensure that the highest level of care is given to freight, especially within the categories of; Fragile, Cooler, Frozen, Do Not Freeze, DG, Rush, and any other category that requires special handling
● Snow removal, entrance cleaning, sanding slippery surfaces
● Inventory checks
● Fueling of aircrafts
● Installing, removing, organizing, and storage of BATT fuel systems for Aircrafts
● Service the ground equipment as applicable
● Fueling of all Ground Equipment
● Circle checks on all ground equipment used
● Crewperson duties onboard Aircrafts as applicable
● Use of the company SMS site to report any deficiencies, incidents, accidents, and suggestions to enhance the safety of North Star Air
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 7 months of experience in operating baggage transporting equipment or warehouse/shipping/receiving/loading experience in aviation or related field is required
- Some Aircraft Fueling experience is an asset
- Forklift experience is a strong asset
- Valid driver’s license class G (or equivalent) is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Standing for extended periods
-Personal suitability: Dependability, Flexibility, Organized, Team player, Client focus, Reliability, Accurate, Initiative, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills
-Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Cold/refrigerated, Hot
-Language: English is required
-Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Salary: $24.54 per hour, 40 - 48 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Medical Benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Pension plan benefits, RRSP benefits, Vision care benefits, Dental Insurance, Pension, Extended Medical Insurance, Stock Options. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Staff accommodation will be available at a cost. First uniform will be provided (winter jackets at no cost, allowance for shoes). North Star incentive will be provided based on the work location. Training program on safety and working at height will be provided.
Important information: The job requires flexibility on schedule due to 7 day a week operations. Monday – Friday are the main days. We can accommodate varying schedules. We have 5 on 2 off (8 hour days), 4 on 3 off (10 hour days), and 4 on 4 off (11-12 hour days). The earliest starting time is 5:00 am. Split shifts may be required. Availability to work weekends, overnight and holiday work may be required.
Apply by email to: email@example.com / HR@northstarair.ca
Apply by mail to: 1480 Walsh Street West, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H6
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application- Ramp attendant - air transport (ground support)