Berkdale Farms Inc.
Company: Berkdale Farms Inc.
Business Information: Berkdale Farms Inc. was incorporated in 2015 under the laws of Ontario. We are dedicated to poultry breeding and turkey production through artificial insemination.
Business Location: 118 River Run Road, Drayton, ON, N0G 1P0
Work Location: 776107 HWY 10, Holland Township, Markdale, ON, N0C 1H0
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Monitoring turkeys health
· Feed and tend turkeys
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
· Clean barns and barnyards
· Detect disease and health problems in poultry
· Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
· Write daily basic progress reports
· Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
· Artificial insemination of turkeys
· Turkey semen collection
· Selection of turkeys
· Birds/turkey catching and weights
· Collect and sanitize hatching eggs
· Barn walking, cleaning, look after litter conditions
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-Worker must be able to sit / bend and stand for extended periods, lift up to 40-60 pounds.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Sitting, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling.
-Work site environment: noisy, odours.
Salary: $16.00 hourly, 40-60 hours per week depending on flock flow.
Benefits: Uniforms, transportation to and from work, bonus based on fertility results and flock results at the end of each pay period, and accommodation provided on a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required in order to cover a 12-hour operation per day from 6AM to 6PM. 8 to 12-hour shift from Monday to Friday and every third weekend or 2 days on and 2 days off, depending on the requirements and results.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 118 River Run Road, Drayton, ON, N0G 1P0