McKinley Hatchery St. Marys Ltd. o/a McKinley Hatchery
Company: McKinley Hatchery St. Marys Ltd. o/a McKinley Hatchery
Business Information: We are in the hatching and selling leghorn day-old chicks business
Business Address: 772 Queen Street E St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2
Work Location: Same as above and at 74139 Goshen Line, Zurich, ON N0M 2T0. The duties will be performed interchangeably between both locations to make sure both farm operations are in order.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Monitoring animal health
· Feed and tend chicks
· Clean, sanitize and disinfect barns, equipment and machinery
· Detect disease and health problems in poultry
· Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
· Write daily basic progress reports on: the cleaning schedule, bio security protocols, visitors logbook, manure belts
· Set and monitor water lines, airflow and temperature in barns, and chicken coops
· Pack eggs on carts and pallets
· Keep records of daily production and inventory
· Dispose of all egg mass to composter daily
· Walk floor barns looking for dead birds, floor eggs, nests, pads etc.
· Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures
· Transfer eggs and use egg carts to incubators
· Load and unload trucks
· Wash pallets and carts after usage
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
Personal Suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Judgement
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work site environment: Must be able to work inside the bird barns. Noisy, dusty, hot, odours and handling of manure.
Work location information: Remote location
Salary: $16.00 Hourly, 48.00 Hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation to and from work location is provided; Extended medical insurance (prescription drugs, paramedical services); Accommodation available at a discounted rate; Transportation costs covered if worker needs relocation.
Important Information: 6-day work rotation. Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Rotation 1: Wednesday to Monday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Rotation 2: Thursday to Tuesday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Start times may vary due to time change and when the birds are laying eggs. When the time change comes into play, employees would work from 7:00am to 3:00pm
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to: 519-284-4391
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 1900, St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2