Business Name: Unilever Canada Inc. O/A Unilever
Business information: Unilever is a consumer goods company. We make products under the following categories: Beauty and Wellbeing, Personal Care, Home Care, Nutrition, and Ice Cream.
Business Location: 160 Bloor St. E. # 1400, Toronto, ON M4W 3R2
Work Location: 175 Union St. Simcoe, ON N3Y 2B1
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for Machine Operators to join our team at the Simcoe, ON location (Ice Cream Plant).
● Operate multi-function process control machinery through control panels, computer terminals, or other control systems to grind, extract, mix, blend, or otherwise process ice cream or associated products and to bag, box, or otherwise package these products
● Observe gauges, computer printouts, and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as ingredient inputs, flow rates, and temperature settings
● Maintain shift log of production and other data.
● Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
● Operate single-function machines to grind, extract, mix, blend, dry, freeze, or otherwise process ice cream, or associated products
● Operate single-function machines to box, or otherwise package ice cream or associated products
● Check products to ensure conformance to company standards and clear machine blockages as required
● Record production information such as quantity, weight, size, date, and type of products packaged
● Perform corrective machine adjustments, clean machines, and immediate work areas.
● May train other machine operators
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 7 months of experience as a labourer in food, or associated products processing is required.
Applicants will have to pass a reading comprehension, safety, and math test.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player
-Work Site Environment: Production Noise- Level Environment
-Ability to handle up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
-Language: Intermediate level of English is required to follow instructions, perform the job, and understand Safety Procedures in English based on the Ontario Safety Regulation.
Salary: As per collective agreement base rate of $21.15 hourly + Vacation & Holiday Pay + Night Shift Premium + Pension- 37.5-48 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage, Vision care benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Maternity and parental benefits, Bonus. Free parking available, Learning/training paid by the employer, On-site recreation and activities, Team building opportunities, and a Wellness program. Uniforms, Laundry & Tools allowance provided by the company as per collective agreement. Travel expenses are paid by the employer. Accommodation is provided free of charge for the first 2 months.
Important Information: The job requires flexibility in schedule. The work schedule may be 8 hours/shift or 12 hours/shift, with rotation every 2 weeks for the 8 hours shift and straight shifts for the continental (12-hour) shift. There is a weekend schedule for 12-hour shifts. For workers who work 12-hour continental shifts, all breaks are paid, including lunch breaks. For workers who work 8-hour shifts, their two 15-minute breaks are paid. A weekend schedule for 8 hours shift may also be possible depending on business needs. Overtime is available.