Jack and Lil's Inc.
Company: Jack and Lil’s Inc.
Business information: We are a catering and retail food service business. Jack and Lil’s was created to take customers on an expansive culinary journey, reminiscent of their South African heritage bringing thoughtful food inspired by their travels, their roots and their healthy approach to life. South African cuisine with vegetarian & gluten free centered dishes.
Business Address: 823 Dundas St. West, Toronto ON M6J 1V4
Work Location: 684 St. Clair Ave. West, Toronto ON M6C 1B1
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
· Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
· Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
· Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
· Create new receipes (recipe development)
· Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
· Analyze operating costs and other data
· Requisition food and kitchen supplies
· Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
· Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerance
· Scheduling and reporting
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: At least 5 years of experience in commercial food preparation is required. If the candidate does not have at least the 5 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate and 3 years of experience in commercial food preparation is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks.
-Personal suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Flexibility, Organized, Dependability, Reliability, Initiative, Ability to multitask. Excellent oral communication
-Ability to supervise: 3-4 people
Salary: $23.00 per hour, 40-44 hours per week.
Benefits: One free meal every working day and performance based bonuses throughout the year are provided.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The employee must work Wednesday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Work during the weekend is required, including holidays. Schedule may be adjusted due to the government’s policies on Covid-19. Currently the restaurant offers food for preorder only (Grab n Go).
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 823 Dundas St. West, Toronto ON M6J 1V4