9235612 Canada Inc. / El Mariachi
Company: 9235612 Canada Inc. / El Mariachi
Business information: We are a restaurant specialized in authentic Mexican cuisine.
Business address: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Supervise and co-ordinate activities of the kitchen staff and food service helpers
· Ensure food service and quality control
· Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
· Prepare and submit reports
· Prepare food orders and summaries for chef
· Check deliveries and maintains inventory records.
· Supervise and check assembly of trays
· Establish work schedules
· Establish methods to meet work schedules
· Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
· Address customer’s complaints or concerns
· Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
· Interview and recruit kitchen and food service staff
· Inspects kitchen and dining areas, and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met
· Assist in the preparation of food and beverages when necessary
· Provide advice and oversee standardization of recipes, menu preparation, portion, cost and waste control.
· Ensure that the best customer service is provided by staff
· Reporting directly to owner
- Education: Completion of secondary school
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in food preparation or service is required. If the candidate does not have 2 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate related to hospitality or food service is required.
- Must have knowledge of Mexican food
- Ability to Supervise 5 to 10 workers from the kitchen and service staff
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, standing for extended period, physically demanding
- Personal Suitability: Flexibility, excellent oral communication, client focus, team player, effective interpersonal skills
Kitchen staff and food service helpers
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 hourly, 40-50 hours per week. Overtime may be required. If extra time is needed it can go up to 50 to 60 hours per week.
Benefits: 50% Discount on meals.
Flexibility in schedule is required. Work schedule is from Tuesday to Sunday with one day off on a rotational basis. The most frequent shift is from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM but shifts can vary from day to day. Overtime may be required. Closed on Mondays.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7