1644234 Ontario Inc. o/a Sunset Shores Resort
Company: 1644234 Ontario Inc. o/a Sunset Shores Resort
Business: Originally built in the 1930s, Sunset Shores was a thriving fishing lodge which soon became a popular family vacation spot nestled among stately pine and maple forests. We currently own an RV resort. We have seasonal camping sites, overnight camping, cabin rentals, a boat launch, and a camp store. Last year, we expanded by opening the first authentic Vietnamese restaurant in the area.
Business Address: 10243 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON, P0S 1A0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty food
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Cook food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Maintain Cleanliness and comply with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Help to wash, clean, and organize dishes and kitchen equipment
- Maintain freshness and quality of products
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
We specifically need a cook with Vietnamese cuisine experience.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Client focus, Organized, Dependability, Ability to multitask.
- Driver’s license is an asset.
-Language: English is required.
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour, 30 – 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Gratuities, Uniform, WSIB, Accommodation provided at a cost, 2-3 Meals per shift when working 8–12-hour shifts, Transportation from accommodation to work location with company vehicle.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. This position will require working 30 – 40 hours per week. From May to October, the selected candidate will work from Thursday to Sunday, from 10 am to 8 pm. From October to April, the schedule will be from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 4 pm. **A minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed during the wintertime. Overtime may be required, including weekends and holidays.
Apply by e-mail to: Sunsetshoreson@gmail.com
Apply by mail to: 10243 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON, P0S 1A0