Metcalf Food & Beverage Inc.
Company: Metcalf Food & Beverage Inc.
Business information: We provide mobile, Special Event food services across Canada.
Business address: 176 Woodridge Dr., Mannheim, ON, N0B 2H0
Work Location: Various locations across ON, SK, AB, MB and BC Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal / 6-month contract Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2022
● Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods;
● Prepare varied dishes from scratch with fresh products;
● Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef;
● Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies;
● Inspect kitchens and food service areas;
● Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food priorities of food;
● Order supplies and equipment;
● Supervise kitchen staff and helpers;
● Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment;
● Clean kitchen and work areas;
● Initiate and maintain safe food handling practices and personally interact with local Health Dept. inspectors during on-site premise inspections;
● Manage kitchen operations;
● Participate in all food preparations;
● Prepare mobile kitchen for travel and make trailer ready for opening at next event
− Education: Completion of high school is required
− Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required
− Language: English is required
− Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment
− Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Client focus, Dependability
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms, transportation, accommodation in mobile bunkhouses provided at a discounted rate. Travel expenses are covered if worker needs to relocate. Workers are personally entitled to eat and drink from our Concessions while we are open at no charge.
Flexibility in schedule is required. The candidate will work between 6 to 8 hours a day. Holiday and overtime may be required based on the business needs. Weekend work is mandatory. The candidate must be willing to relocate periodically due to the business’ events. Shifts varies according to each event. Some events may run 10 or more days straight.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail: 176 Woodridge Dr., Mannheim, ON, N0B 2H0