Simcoe Concrete Forming Inc.
Company: Simcoe Concrete Forming Inc.
Business Information: At Simcoe Concrete Forming, we are the foundation specialists. We have built our reputation on our high quality and compliance with schedules. Simcoe Concrete Forming has over 35 years’ experience and has been providing services in concrete foundation in the Barrie region and surrounding area since 1996.
Business Location: 698 Huronia Road, Barrie, ON L4N 6C6
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs
• Prepare master format estimates (Class A)
• Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads
• Project cash flow and financing requirements
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems
• Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors
• Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications and tender documents
• Operate CADD and other computer software systems
• Prepare formwork drawings and material quantities
• Quantity take off preparation
• Use of total station.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience as a project estimator is required, if the candidate does not have a minimum of 4 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate or college program in civil or construction engineering technology is required or Combination of experience and education would help to qualify for the position.
-Experience in concrete and residential and commercial foundation works, and formwork are required.
-Computer literacy in the following programs is required (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD)
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Work under pressure
-Personal suitability: Client focus, Good attitude, Excellent communication in English, Team player, Organized
-Work site environment: Fast-paced environment
Salary: $34.00 hourly, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance
Important Information: work schedule will be a regular 5 day week. Employee’s workday will begin at 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 698 Huronia Road, Barrie, ON L4N 6C6
Apply by fax to: 705-725-0814