Terralux General Contractors and Development Limited o/a Terralux
Company: Terralux General Contractors and Development Limited o/a Terralux
Business Information: We are a company specializing in general contracting construction. We specialize in apartment building construction, offering customers new affordable house units.
Business Address: 221 Bishop Court. Thunder Bay, ON P7G 2N2
Work Location: Various locations across Thunder Bay, ON
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
• Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
• Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
• Survey building locations and levels
• Instruct apprentices
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate is required OR completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
-Personal Suitability: Initiative, Accurate, Judgment, Efficient interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized
-Work site environment: Indoors, Outdoors, At heights
-Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $31.00 per hour, 45 hours per week.
Benefits: Free parking available, Transportation to and from work sites provided by employer, Learning/training paid by employer. Uniforms and construction tools (any tools relevant to the job) will be provided.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on weekends may be required depending on the business’ needs. Overtime will be required.
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Carpenter****