Speak to Gary Danner at Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Reporting to the Fleet Supervisor, this dual role of Airbus Detailer and Building and Property Maintenance plays an integral part in upholding and enhancing Robert Q Travel & Airbus’ brand and image. As part of the team, the incumbent will be a friendly, punctual and flexible team player who is passionate about quality workmanship and service excellence The Airbus Detailer is responsible for washing, cleaning, polishing, fueling and general upkeep of the vehicles interior and exterior to ensure that they are clean and presentable to customers.
The Building and Property Maintenance individual upholds the cleanly building and surrounding grounds appearance which entails cleaning and maintaining both the interior and exterior of Robert Q Travel & Airbus’ head office. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to performing preventative maintenance, making adjustments and minor repairs and painting.
Robert Q Travel & Airbus has been providing ground transportation services to and from Toronto Pearson Airport and Detroit Metro Airport to various locations in Southern Ontario since 1977. Robert Q Travel & Airbus' convenient schedule serves all air travellers...all day...every day...365 days a year.
Rate of Pay: Up to 2 years of service $14.58
Status: Part time (20+ hours/ week)
Hours of Work: 24/7, 365 days per year operation requires the ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and statutory holiday
Roles and Responsibility:
• Perform general vehicle detailing activities, including: vacuum, shampoo, deodorize, wash and wax using appropriate cleaners, applicators and cleaning equipment.
• Clean vehicles interior which includes: the upholstery, floor mats, surfaces and windows.
• Polishing, waxing, buffing, touching-up, refinishing on exterior body of vehicles
• Clean engine and engine compartments with pressurized cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
• Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds/solutions according to formulas.
• Safely drive and refuel the airbuses
• Clean and polish wheels and rims.
• Use cloths and squeegees to dry surfaces of vehicles.
• Notify supervisor when you notice parts of the vehicle that may require repair or replacement.
• Replace lights / bulbs etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned based on management requirements and instructions
Building and Property Maintenance:
• Empty trash, waste, recycling and other materials to be disposed
• Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
• Operate vacuum cleaners and other equipment
• Remove snow and ice from walkways and parking areas as well as apply salt
• Wash windows, interior, walls, ceilings
• Cut grass and tend to surrounding grounds and plants
• Clean and disinfect washrooms, kitchen and fixtures
• Perform minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems. Advise management when major repairs are required in order to contact appropriate trades person
• Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting
• May be required to move heavy equipment, furniture and supplies
• 1-2 years experience in a detailing and/or building and property maintenance or equivalent experience acceptable to Robert Q
• Successful completion of secondary school or a combination of schooling and experience acceptable to Robert Q
• Proven ability to safely operate machinery, hand and power tools
• Work collaboratively with other garage staff to fulfill the needs of the fleet and avoid delays
• Demonstrated ability to work safely and follow direction, outlined policies and procedures
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and comprehend oral and written instructions
• As a condition of employment, successfully hired candidates will be required to obtain a P3 propane refueling license (P.R.L)
• Possess a valid G2 driver’s license or better with a clean driver’s abstract
• Demonstrated commitment to Robert Q’s core values and code of conduct
• Proven attendance and punctuality
• Physically demanding position
• Stand six to eight hours per day
• Exposed to outdoor environment, noise, vibrations, dust, exhaust fumes, and a variety of other hazardous and non-hazardous materials
• Exposed to various climates and varying weather conditions